Whole30 – not a diet. It’s a lifestyle
Nobody likes to diet. Melissa & Dallas Hartwig understand it perfectly well, so they didn’t developed a diet, but a nutrition program, which will help your get better from the physical and emotional point of view.
REBOOT YOUR FOOD HABITS
Meet the family of Hartwigs, Melissa and Dallas. She is a fitness trainer and sports nutritionist. He is a fitness instructor, physiotherapist, Bachelor of Science in anatomy and physiology, and Master of Physiotherapy.
Both never pronounce the word “diet” and call Whole30 a nutrition program. People get on diets to lose weight fast or slow, while as Whole30 is designed to completely restart your dietary habits.
Considering that the outcome depends largely on the psychological attitude, Hartwigs carefully select word they use. Instead of “Give up on cereals, sugar, milk and alcohol for a month”, they encourage to “begin eating properly”.
Those who already know something about the paleo-diet for weight loss, will undoubtedly recognize the list of allowed and prohibited foods.
Melissa and Dalass give green light to fresh and high-quality food, and red light to any artificial sugar alternatives and sugar, dairy and soy products, as well as grains and legumes. Of course, alcohol is also strictly banned.
BANNED FOR 30 DAYS:
By eliminating the prohibited foods and beverages you can:
- restore your metabolism,
- improve your body condition,
- improve the quality and duration of sleep,
- learn to distinguish true hunger from the emotional one (i.e. stop eating your problems up),
- significantly improve the condition of your skin, hair and nails,
- become more energetic, cheerful and simply happy.
Since Whole30 is not another popular weight loss diet, you are forbidden to get on the scales or take A tape measure IN YOUR HANDS.
- Remember, no measuring of weight or body volumes.
According to Hartwigs, weight does not reflect your health condition (which is not always the case), so you don’t really need to know the numbers that your scales show.
However, realizing the importance of body beauty, both husband and wife (by the way, both handsome, without a gram of excess fat) promise weight loss of 3 to 7 kg per month (which is not surprising, given the long list of forbidden foods).
They also promise that the weight loss result will be not just a long-playing one, but permanent. To see the result, this weight loss program does not prohibit making measurements or check weighing and photos “before” and “after” weight loss.
THREE RECIPES THAT COMPLY WITH THE RULES OF WHOLE30
FRITATTA WITH MUSHROOMS, PROSCIUTTO AND VEGETABLES
- Finely chop onion and garlic, cut mushrooms into thin slices, cherry tomatoes – in halves.
- Thaw spinach, drain the liquid and chop it.
- Heat a large cast-iron frying pan and pour half the volume of coconut oil.
- Saute the onion over medium heat until it becomes transparent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with coconut milk, flour, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mix into the pan and add spinach and tomatoes.
- Put for 30 minutes in an oven heated to 200 degrees.
- Let the omelet sit in the oven a few minutes after you turn it off, then take it out.
- Slice like a pizza.
You will get another interesting variant, if you pour the “dough” into muffin molds.
- Remove seeds from cucumber and jalapeno, and cut into cubes.
- Slice the pineapple.
- Chop onion and cilantro.
Mix all ingredients.
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS IN POLISH STYLE
- Remove core from the cabbage.
- Finely chop onions and celery.
- Place the cabbage into boiling water for a few minutes.
- Take it out and peel off about 10 leaves.
- Cut the rest and put in a bowl.
- melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- add onion and celery.
- cook while stirring for 15 minutes.
- empty the contents of the frying pan into a bowl and let cool slightly.
- add beef, egg, salt and pepper into the same bowl. Mix well.
- put a few spoonfuls of stuffing in each cabbage leaf,
- fold in tube and bend the edges.
- put the cabbage rolls into a pan with the “seam” down.
- cook in the oven at 300 degrees for two hours.
*if you are in a hurry, fry them in a pan with a thick bottom.